This vegan cheese recipe is healthy, easy to make, and tastes like real cheese! Made without cashews for a nut free plant based snack that the whole family will LOVE. The best vegan cheese substitute for nachos, potatoes, veggies, etc! Vegan, gluten free, Whole30, and paleo.
- 2 medium sized carrots, peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups Yukon gold potato peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened non dairy milk – cashew, oat, or almond will all work
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mustard or 1 teaspoon Dijon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch of turmeric (for color)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- To make it spicy: add a teaspoon or two of your favorite hot sauce
- Add cut carrots and Yukon gold potatoes to a medium sized pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until carrots and potatoes are tender.
- Drain and transfer to a blender with olive oil, non dairy milk of choice, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, and salt.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Season to taste with salt if needed and serve as is or heat gently on the stove, stirring frequently, until warm.
- Category: sauce
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: healthy
Keywords: vegan, dairy free, plant based paleo, cheese substitute, mexican, snack, dip, sauce