Vegan buffalo roasted cauliflower bowls are the meatless weeknight meal that you need! Made with hearty and healthy ingredients like arugula, quinoa, buffalo roasted cauliflower, avocado, radish, sunflower seeds, and an irresistible vegan ranch dressing. Vibrant, easy to make, and so delicious! Vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free.
For the buffalo roasted cauliflower
- 1 large head of cauliflower, about 2 1/2 – 3 pounds – cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
For the bowl
Buffalo roasted cauliflower
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 4 packed cups arugula or another tender salad green (about 4 large handfuls)
- 1 avocado, diced or sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 of a thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- Vegan ranch dressing
- Fresh herbs for serving
- Preheat oven and prep cauliflower. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut cauliflower and gather and measure ingredients.
- Roast cauliflower. Add cauliflower to a large bowl and toss to coat with avocado oil, garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt, and black pepper. Transfer to a large baking sheet and spread out flat side down in a single layer. Reserve the bowl for the next step. Roast for 15-17 minutes – until just barely tender and starting to brown.
- Prep remaining bowl ingredients. While the cauliflower is roasting cook your quinoa, cut radishes, avocado, red onion, fresh herbs, and gather remaining ingredients.
- Toss with buffalo sauce. Remove cauliflower from the oven and increase the heat to 475°. Transfer cauliflower florets back to the large bowl and pour buffalo sauce over the top. Toss gently to coat, and transfer back to the baking sheet, leaving any excess sauce behind.
- Roast again. Transfer back to the oven and continue to roast for an additional 6-8 minutes, until nicely caramelized on the edges. For extra crispy bits you can broil for 1-2 minutes before pulling from the oven – just keep an eye on it so the cauliflower and/or parchment don’t burn.
- Assemble bowls. Divide salad greens between 4 bowls. Top with cooked quinoa and buffalo roasted cauliflower. Finish bowls with avocado, radishes, red onion, and sunflower seeds. Drizzle with vegan ranch dressing and top with fresh herbs if desired. Serve and enjoy!
Just about everything for these bowls can be prepped a head of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve. This makes them the perfect candidate for a healthy meal prep recipe!
You could re-heat the cauliflower before building your bowls but it’s not necessary. To re-heat pop it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, warm in the oven at 350° F, or gently reheat in a skillet, tossing occasionally, until heated through.
I would recommend cutting the avocado just before digging in so it doesn’t turn brown and soft.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Meal prep
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: cauliflower, buffalo, bowls, gluten free, dairy free, vegan, quinoa, meal prep