Spiced roasted nuts are the easy homemade recipe you need to tie any holiday or snack spread together. Perfect to serve for Thanksgiving, Christmas, with your favorite charcuterie spread, or as an every day snack. They are perfectly seasoned with a savory seasoning blend, only take minutes to prep and less than half and hour to roast. Made with walnuts, pecans, almonds, and cashews, but easily customizable based on your preferences. Whole30, paleo, gluten free, sugar free, and vegan (no egg whites).
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 – 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Prep and bake nuts. Toss nuts with olive oil and spices until thoroughly coated. Transfer to a baking sheet and roast in a single layer for 18-20 minutes, taking out halfway through to toss – until toasted and fragrant.
- Set aside to cool. Once cool, transfer to an airtight container until ready to serve. Will keep for up to 10 days on the counter!
Use either all raw or all roasted nuts. Already roasted nuts will be ready sooner than nuts that are raw. For a consistent batch of roasted nuts start with either all raw or all roasted nuts. If using roasted nuts you may want to shorten the roasting time to 8-10 minutes.
Avoid shaking or over-stirring to keep spices intact. Because this recipe is made made without a binding ingredient the spices will eventually fall away from the nuts. Avoid shaking the nuts in the container or stirring them too much while they are roasting to keep the spices intact!
Season with a little extra salt after roasting. Give the nuts a taste after they come out of the oven and feel free to season with a little extra salt if desired. Flaky salt would be a nice touch!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 mimutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Oven Roasted
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: nuts, almonds, cashews, walnuts, pecans, spices, easy, snack, quick, appetizer, holiday, game day, christmas, thanksgiving, charcuterie