This simple lemon garlic roasted asparagus is an incredibly easy and healthy side dish that is SO delicious! The best baked asparagus recipe that’s great on its own as a side dish or added to other dishes. Perfectly seasoned and super flavorful. Vegan, gluten free, whole30, paleo, low carb, keto.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash, dry, and trim the woody ends away from the bottom of each asparagus spear.
- Place trimmed asparagus on a large baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, chopped or grated garlic, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper until well combined.
- Pour olive oil mixture over the asparagus and toss to coat. Spread out again so the asparagus is in a single layer (no overlapping spears!).
- Move to the oven and bake for 10 – 15 minutes, until bright green and tender. How long it takes to bake the asparagus depends on the size of the spears. The skinnier they are the faster they will cook.
- Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice and more salt to taste if needed.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Once cooked, this asparagus recipe should be eaten within a day or two for the best flavor.
- Category: side dish
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: asparagus, spring, oven roasted, baked, healthy, easter, side dish, potluck