This fresh and simple arugula salad is the best salad to throw together when you’re short on time but want something green on your lunch or dinner plate! Made with nutrient dense arugula, thinly sliced radish, sunflower seeds, parmesan cheese, and a simple lemony dressing. Gluten free and easily made dairy free / vegan.
For the salad
- 1 5 ounce box arugula
- 1 cup thinly sliced radish – watermelon or red radishes both work
- 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan or plant based parmesan “cheese” (optional)
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Prep the salad ingredients. Combine all salad ingredients in large salad bowl and set aside.
- Make the dressing. Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl or shake together in a jar until well combined.
- Toss and serve. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt. Serve with extra sunflower seeds and parmesan if desired and enjoy!
If you want to make this salad ahead of time just prep all of the ingredients and store them in separate containers until you’re ready to toss it together and serve.
See the section in the blog post above titled “Ingredients and Substitutions” for some substitution suggestions.
Nutrition information if for 4 servings.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Cold prep
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: salad, arugula, greens, radish, healthy, gluten free, parmesan, lemon, sunflower seeds, picnic, bbq, lunch, dinner, side dish