Shaved carrot and parsley salad! A bright and colorful counterpart to your hearty meals. Made with simple ingredients you probably already have on hand. Paleo and Vegan.
- 2 bunches of multi colored carrots (about 10 large carrots)
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (or another vinegar of choice)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- Using a mandolin, vegetable peeler, or a sharp knife, shave carrots as thinly as possible. As long as they’re organic, I don’t usually peel the carrots. Just give them a good scrub before slicing and you’ll be good to go.
- Shake together dressing ingredients in a jar and pour over sliced carrots. Toss to coat. Allow to marinate in dressing for about 20 minutes for the best flavor. Stir occasionally to coat.
- Mix in chopped parsley and season with a little more salt and some black pepper if desired.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes