This 5 ingredient sautéed spinach with garlic recipe is a super easy side dish that can be made in just 10 minutes! It pairs great with many different types of meals, from pan seared chicken to oven roasted fish. A healthy back pocket recipe that’s perfect for any night of the week! Whole30, paleo, gluten free, vegan, low carb, keto friendly.
- If using bunched spinach that is not pre-washed wash it very well – it often has quite a bit of loose dirt lingering on the leaves. It’s okay if the spinach is a little wet before you start cooking.
- Heat olive oil or ghee in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for just one minute, being careful not to let the garlic brown. Garlic that browns too quickly will taste bitter.
- Add spinach to the pan and toss continuously until it is just barely wilted – for about a minute or two.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Finish with lemon juice and serve immediately.
Fresh spinach is my preference for this recipe, but frozen spinach will also work in a pinch. Just make sure to full thaw and drain your frozen spinach before adding it to the skillet with the sautéed garlic.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: spinach, side dish, healthy, spinach, garlic, lemon