These roasted veggie protein bowls with turmeric tahini and flavorful chicken patties are a delicious healthy lunch or dinner option! Perfect for meal prep or a quick and easy family meal that everyone will love. They are prepped on a single sheet pan and made with a colorful array of vegetables for tons of nutrients! Gluten free, with Paleo, Whole30, and vegan / vegetarian options.
- 3–4 carrots, peeled and sliced into thick coins
- 1 small head broccoli – about 3 cups, cut into florets
- 1 heaping cup baby potatoes, halved (about 6 baby potatoes or 1/4 of a pound)
- 1/4 of a large red onion, cut into thick slices
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3-4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of chili flakes (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Turmeric Tahini Sauce
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water, plus more as needed
- 1 clove garlic, grated or pressed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Rice, quinoa, cauliflower rice, or salad greens
- Fresh herbs
- Thinly sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Make the chicken patty mixture. In a large bowl mix together all the ingredients for the chicken patties. Form into 8 equal sized chicken patties (it’s helpful to wet your hands for this step to keep the meat from being too sticky).
- Prep the veggies. Toss all veggies with avocado oil, salt, and pepper – separate the broccoli from the rest of the vegetables and set aside. Spread veggies (minus broccoli) out on one side of the baking sheet, leaving about 1/2 of the sheet open for the chicken patties. Place the potatoes cut side down for the best caramelization.
- Add chicken patties to baking sheet. Line the chicken patty side of the sheet with parchment paper and evenly space patties on the parchment paper.
- Roast veggies and chicken patties for about 30 minutes, until veggies are caramelized & chicken patties are cooked through. Add broccoli to the pan with the other vegetables when there’s about 15 minutes left of cooking time.
- Make turmeric tahini sauce. While the vegetables and chicken patties are cooking whisk together all ingredients for the turmeric sauce in a small bowl. If it’s too thick add more water a little bit a time until desired consistency is reached. If it’s too thin add more tahini. It should be slightly thin and drizzle-able, but not watery. Season to taste with salt if needed.
- Assemble bowls and serve. Divide rice, quinoa, cauliflower rice, or salad greens between bowls and top with veggies and chicken patties. Drizzle with sauce and garnish with fresh herbs and green onions if desired.
I have found that a half sheet sheet pan (13 x 18 inches) is the perfect size to fit all the ingredients in this recipe.
Nutrition information does not include rice, quinoa, cauliflower rice, or salad greens.
Storage: The roasted veggies and chicken patties should keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. The turmeric tahini sauce should keep for up to a week.
Freezing: You could easily make and bake the chicken patties in advance and freeze until you’re ready to enjoy. In an airtight container or freezer bag they can be stored frozen for up to 2 months. I do not normally recommend freezing roasted veggies. They will lose their enticing texture and bite once thawed.
Reheating: The chicken patties and roasted vegetables can either be reheated on a baking sheet in the oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes (or until warmed through), or warmed in the microwave.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: chicken, ground chicken, bowl, veggies, turmeric, tahini, healthy dinner, meal prep, gluten free, paleo, whole30