a crazy simple, and crazy delicious way to enjoy this beautiful veggie. sweet, salty and a little sour, they hit all the sweet spots.
- 2 lbs whole carrots, preferably bunched with the greens still attached (they’ll probably taste better, and contain more nutrients)
- enough olive oil to coat
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- a few grinds of freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 a lemon
- fresh herbs (optional)
- preheat oven to 450.
- clean and trim your carrots, leaving whole or if desired, cutting into equal sides parts. I love this method to cut equal sized pieces if I plan to use these carrots as a part of a salad, or if this presentation is preferred.
- drizzle with just enough olive oil to coat. sprinkle with cumin, salt and pepper, and toss to evenly distribute everything.
- place in oven and set your timer for 10 minutes.
- after 10 minutes take out to stir and then continue to cook for about another 5 minutes, or until you can see the skin starting to shrivel and the edges starting to brown.
- remove from oven, squeeze about 1/2 a lemon over cooked carrots. toss & taste – at this point I usually end up adding a little more salt, as the carrots get pretty sweet once properly roasted.
- once your beautiful carrots have cooled just a bit, top with fresh herbs if desired (parsley, chives, cilantro) and serve! nom nom nom…
- Category: side dish