Peanut butter chia seed overnight oats with a simple homemade fresh raspberry chia seed jam is all your PB&J breakfast dreams come true. An easy and satisfying make ahead breakfast that is made with whole food plant based ingredients! vegan and gluten free.
For the peanut butter oats
For the fresh raspberry jam
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- extra raspberries
- peanut butter drizzle
To make the peanut butter overnight oats
- In a large jar or bowl mix together the milk, sea salt, maple syrup, peanut butter, and vanilla extract until smooth. If there’s a little bit of peanut butter left unmixed don’t worry, that means yummy peanut butter swirls in the overnight oats!
- Stir in oats and chia seeds until well combined, and move to the refrigerator to set for at least 6 hours, or up to overnight.
To make the fresh raspberry chia seed jam
- Add raspberries to a bowl along with 2 tablespoons of chia seeds. Smash the raspberries with a fork or potato masher until totally smooth and broken down.
- Taste and add maple syrup or honey to sweeten if desired.
- Transfer jam to to the refrigerator and allow it to set for at least an hour. You’ll know it’s ready when it’s nice and thick and the chia seeds are plump and fully hydrated.
Once set, serve oats cold or warm, topped with a scoop of fresh raspberry jam, an extra drizzle of peanut butter, and some fresh raspberries.
- For the best texture, these peanut butter and chia seed overnight oats need to sit in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours +. Overnight is best!
- This is a make ahead friendly recipe! The overnight oats will last in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- They can be made with any type of milk that you prefer. Almond milk, hemp milk, cashew milk, oat milk, or coconut milk are all excellent choices.
- These oats are delicious both hot and cold! To eat them hot simply warm gently on the stove or heat up in the microwave.
- Category: breakfast