This orange Campari vodka sour cocktail is a bright and sunny twist on a classic vodka sour cocktail. Inspired by the classic cocktail – a Garibaldi. This drink is citrusy, floral, well balanced, refreshing, and perfectly sweet tart for an easy make at home egg white cocktail. Vegan egg white alternative included in the recipe below!
- 4 ounces fresh squeezed orange juice (1/2 cup)
- 1 1/4 ounces Campari (2 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1 ounce vodka (2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice (1 tablespoon)
- 1/4 ounce maple syrup or simple syrup (1/2 tablespoon)
- 1 egg white or 2 tablespoons aquafaba for a vegan option – if your cocktail shaker is big enough you can double the recipe and use only one egg white for 2 cocktails
- To garnish: orange wedge, lemon wedge
- Add freshly squeezed orange juice, Campari, vodka, lemon juice, maple syrup, and egg white or aquafaba in cocktail shaker and shake vigorously WITHOUT ice for 15-20 seconds. This is called a “dry shake” or “double shake” method, and it allows the egg white or aquafaba to be incorporated into the rest of the ingredients and aerate to create a sturdy foam before being diluted by ice.
- Add a handful of ice cubes to the cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for another 15-20 seconds. This chills the drink and further strengthens the foam.
- Strain into a highball glass filled with ice. Garnish with an orange wedge and a lemon wedge and enjoy!
If you would rather not use a raw egg white, or are looking for a vegan option, aquafaba (the liquid inside a can of chickpeas) works incredibly well as a vegan egg white substitute! Two tablespoons of aquafaba = 1 egg white.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: cocktail
- Method: shaken
Keywords: campari, vodka, orange juice, egg white cocktail, happy hour