The whole family will love warming up with this nourishing chicken and cauliflower rice soup. Made in just one pot with plenty of flavor and tons of veggies! So healthy + the perfect “soup season” soup! Whole30, paleo, gluten free, and keto / low carb.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 carrots, sliced into coins
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional – but adds a nice depth of flavor)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 14 ounces fresh cauliflower rice
- 1/4 cup fresh dill or parsley, chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large soup pot. Add onions, carrots, and celery, and saute until starting to soften – about 5-7 minutes.
- Add nutritional yeast, poultry seasoning, 2 teaspoons sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, broth, and whole chicken breasts. Bring up to a simmer. Make sure the chicken breasts are submerged beneath the broth and cover the pot. Simmer until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender – about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a cutting board and add cauliflower rice to the soup and stir to combine. Simmer 5 minutes or until the cauliflower rice is tender. While the soup continues to simmer shred the chicken using two forks.
- Return chicken to the pot along with baby spinach, dill or parsley, and lemon juice.
- Allow chicken to warm through and spinach to wilt before serving – this should only take a few minutes on low heat.
- Season to taste with plenty of salt and pepper. Serve immediately and enjoy!
To store this soup: Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
To re-heat this soup: Simply heat gently on the stove, stirring frequently, until warmed. Alternatively it can be re-heated in the microwave for a minute or two, until heated through.
To freeze this soup: This soup freezes perfectly. To thaw, transfer to the refrigerator overnight, and warm gently on the stove before serving. This recipe would be an excellent way to get a bit ahead on some meal prep for nights when you just don’t feel like cooking.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: soup
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: soup, chicken soup, chicken, fresh herbs, comfort food, healthy, gluten free, paleo, whole30