Making this iced matcha green tea latte at home is super easy! A simple DIY matcha recipe that’s creamy, refreshing, and better than Starbucks (truly!). Made with good for you ingredients like matcha powder, dairy free milk, vanilla, and lightly sweetened to taste. Vegan, dairy free, paleo friendly, Whole30 option.
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder – or to taste
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey – or to taste, keeping in mind that honey is often not considered vegan. Omit sweetener for a Whole30 option.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Nondairy milk of choice – cashew milk (my personal favorite!), almond milk, and oat milk are all great options. The creamier the better!
- Add matcha, water, maple syrup or honey, vanilla extract, and sea salt to a blender. Blend until no lumps of matcha remain and the mixture is completely smooth and frothy. Alternatively, you can use a handheld whisk like the powerlix whisk, a matcha bowl and traditional matcha whisk, or shake everything together vigorously in a mason jar until well combined.
- Pour the matcha mixture over plenty of ice. Top with a nondairy milk like cashew milk, almond milk, or oat milk, and stir to combine.
- Sip and enjoy!
The amount of matcha can vary based on your preference. You really can make it as strong or diluted as you like. If you’re new to matcha, I would start with 1/2 teaspoon to 3/4 teaspoon and see what you think. I like my matcha lattes on the stronger side, so I usually add about 1 teaspoon per cup.
If you’re going for the same strength of most coffee shop lattes I would suggest 1 teaspoon of matcha.
Many of these iced matcha latte ingredients can be found on Thrive Market – a membership based natural products store that is like the Whole Foods of Costco but entirely based online and with the BEST wholesale prices. I have been a Thrive Market member for 4 years and over that period of time I have saved a projected $4,123.66! That is some serious savings.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: drink
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: healthy
Keywords: matcha, latte, blender