a simple hummus recipe garnished with cucumber, radish, sesame seeds, whole chickpeas, parsley and chili oil.
- drain chickpeas, reserving about 1/3 cup of the liquid. rinse well.
- set aside about 1/4 cup of the whole chickpeas to use for garnish, add the rest to the food processor.
- add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor except ice water (tahini, salt, lemon juice and garlic clove).
- turn on and process, adding the reserved bean liquid about 1 tbs at a time – just enough so that it remains a stiff paste but everything is moving smoothly (you will adjust the consistency later with the ice water). I usually add between 3 and 4 tablespoons.
- stop to scrape down the sides if necessary.
- after blending for about 2-3 minutes add the ice water 1 tbs at a time with the motor running until your desired consistency is reached.
- for a thicker hummus I use about 3 tbs, but you may want more if you would like a thinner result.
- taste and add more salt and lemon juice if desired.
- plate and add any desired garnishes, sprinkle with coarse sea salt just before serving!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Category: snack