Making green juice in a blender is easier than you might think – no juicer required! This healthy green juice recipe is made with whole fruits and vegetables like kale, cucumbers, fresh mint or parsley, ginger, lemon, and apples. So nutrient dense, easy, and delicious. Vegan, gluten free, Whole30 compatible, and paleo.
- 3 cups chopped kale – about 3 of 4 large kale leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh mint or parsley
- 2 small cucumbers, sliced – about 1 1/2 cups
- 2 stalks of celery, cut into small pieces
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 large green or red apples, cut into small pieces (green apples equal a juice that’s more tart, and red apples make a juice that’s a bit sweeter
- 4 cups of cold water – or however much will fit in your blender after adding the other ingredients
- Wash and cut all ingredients into medium sized pieces. If you don’t have a high speed blender like a Vitamix or Blendtec, cut everything a bit smaller so it will blend more easily. Add everything to your blender.
- Fill the blender with water – about 4 cups worth, but only if it fits. You can reduce the amount of water to match your blender size or blend everything in two batches if needed.
- Blend on high for 1-2 minutes until no large pieces remain and the mixture is as smooth as a smoothie.
- Set up fine mesh strainer over a large bowl and slowly stir pour the blended green juice through the strainer.
- Stir with a spatula or spoon to press liquid out of the solids into the bowl. Depending on the size of your bowl you may have to do this in a few batches.
- Alternatively, you can pass the mixture through a nut milk bag, pressing the liquid out and leaving the solids behind.
- When you’ve finished straining out the pulp from the mixture transfer the liquid into a container and store in the refrigerator.
This green drink will keep in the refrigerator for up to about 5 days. Although it’s thought that the nutrients diminish the longer it sits, so if you are making this just for yourself you may want to make a half batch.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: drink
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: healthy
Keywords: juice, green juice, kale, ginger, apples, lemon, healthy, detox, paleo, gluten free, whole30