This homemade stir fry sauce is the perfect all purpose sauce for all of your stir fry recipes – great for everything from vegetables to chicken, beef, shrimp, or pork. Simple and easy to make, and much healthier than most store bought options. Naturally sweetened, gluten free, vegan, paleo, and Whole30 compatible)
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup broth – chicken or vegetable
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice or orange juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce or a pinch of chili flakes, or to taste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder (optional, but thickens the stir fry sauce)
- Combine ingredients in a jar. Add all ingredients except for sesame oil to a glass jar with a lid and shake or whisk vigorously until arrowroot powder is dissolved and everything is well combined. Add sesame oil and shake again.
- To use: For a stir fry that makes about 4 servings use roughly 1/2 cup of stir fry sauce, or more or less to taste. Remember to shake well to incorporate the arrowroot powder before using.
Once mixed together this stir fry sauce will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Before using make sure to shake well and re-incorporate the arrowroot power. The stir fry sauce should be a milky brown color when the starch is thoroughly mixed in.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: sauce
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: asian
Keywords: stir fry, sauce, asian, whole30, paleo, gluten free, vegan