Nothing says summer quite like strawberry hibiscus slushies! An easy frozen drink made with real, good-for-you ingredients like frozen strawberries, hibiscus tea, honey, and lime juice. Perfectly sweet tart and full of refreshing, juicy flavor! Gluten free, vegan, paleo.
- 2 cups water
- 2 hibiscus tea bags
- 2–3 tablespoons honey, maple syrup, or another sweetener or choice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup ice
- Make the hibiscus tea. Boil 2 cups of water and add hibiscus tea bags. Stir in honey while the tea is hot and transfer to the refrigerator to steep and then chill.
- Make the slushies. Once hibiscus tea is cold, remove tea bags and add to blender with lime juice, frozen strawberries, and ice. Blend on high until smooth, adding a little extra water to thin if needed. Sweeten with additional honey if needed.
- Serve and enjoy! Divide between 2 glasses, garnish with fresh strawberries and lime wedges if desired and serve.
As written the recipe makes enough for 2 people, but those are large-ish servings. It could could easily be doubled to make enough to serve 4-6.
For a different flavor try substituting the strawberries with another frozen fruit!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Refrigeration time: 30 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: summer, slushy, strawberries, hibiscus, naturally sweetened, frozen drink