These healthy chicken patties are a delicious protein rich Whole30 dinner option! Made with ground chicken, flavorful spices, green onions, and fresh herbs. Perfect on their own or served with a big green salad or side vegetable. Whole30, gluten free, dairy free, keto, low carb.
For the chicken patties
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 bunch green onions, white and light green parts thinly sliced, some reserved for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons dried
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more as needed
- Green onions, parsley, and lemon wedges to garnish (optional)
For the spicy aioli
- 1/3 cup avocado oil mayo
- 1 tablespoon Whole30 compatible hot sauce
- Mix the together the patty ingredients. Add ground chicken, green onions, parsley, egg, coconut flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper to a large bowl and mix to combine. Allow to rest for a couple of minutes so the coconut flour can absorb some of the moisture in the mixture.
- Form into patties and cook. Form into 8 small patties using clean hands – wetting your hands can help keep them from getting sticky. Heat a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add 3 tablespoons olive oil and tilt the pan to fully coat the bottom. When the oil is hot and shimmering cook the patties – in batches if necessary – for about 4 minutes per side (undisturbed to keep them from sticking – see notes above in blog post for more tips) until golden brown and cooked through. A splatter screen can help keep the stove top mess at a minimum.
- Make the spicy mayo if using. Mix mayo with hot sauce until well combined.
- Serve and enjoy! Serve patties with spicy mayo and extra green onions and herbs if desired.
See notes in the blog post above for tips on how to keep the patties from sticking to your pan.
To store in the refrigerator: These patties are great for meal prep and will keep in the refrigerator for 5 days in a sealed container.
To freeze: These patties also freeze really well! Can be frozen after cooking with pieces of parchment paper separating each one. If you want to freeze them before cooking place them on a large parchment lined baking sheet or cutting board without touching and allow them to fully freeze before transferring to a container or plastic bag.
To re-heat: To re-heat, gently warm them on low in a skillet for several minutes on each side, or in the microwave until warmed through.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: dinner, whole30, chicken, meal, meal prep, ground chicken, paleo, gluten free, dairy free, keto, low carb