This gluten free mushroom soba noodle stir fry is an easy-to-make + nourishing noodle dish that’s perfect for any weeknight dinner or quick lunch! Made with gluten free soba noodles, mushrooms, broccolini, cilantro, sesame seeds, green onions, and a delicious 4 ingredient stir fry sauce. Crave-able and oh-so-healthy!
For the stir fry
- 1 8.8 oz package gluten free buckwheat soba noodles
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 pound of mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of broccolini, tough end of stems trimmed
- sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
For the stir fry sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or gluten free tamari (if using gluten free tamari instead of coconut aminos, I recommend adding about 1 tablespoon sweetener of choice – maple syrup, honey, or coconut sugar all work)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (or to taste)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook soba noodles according to package instructions. Leave them slightly undercooked since you’ll be cooking them once more in a pan with the stir fry sauce. Rinse thoroughly with cold water and set aside.
- While the noodles are cooking prep all of the other veggies, herbs, and green onions, and place them next to the stove top. Whisk together the stir fry sauce and set aside, also keeping it near cooking area.
- When the soba noodles are cooked and rinsed, and all the veggies are prepped, heat the toasted sesame oil over medium heat in a large skillet or a wok.
- Add the thinly sliced mushrooms and cook until soft and starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add broccolini and cook another minute or so, until bright green but still crisp. Season to taste with a big pinch of sea salt.
- Add the soba noodles to the skillet along with the stir fry sauce. Cook, tossing everything together, until the sauce has mostly evaporated and everything is nice and hot – about 2-3 minutes. My favorite kitchen tool for tossing noodles is a good pair of kitchen tongs! Stir in cilantro and toasted sesame seeds. Top with sliced green onion and serve warm.
- To make sure this dish is gluten free, check the label of your soba noodles before you buy them to make sure they contain only buckwheat flour, and no added wheat flour.
- For easy assembly make sure you prep all of your ingredients before you start cooking, and keep everything within arms reach of your skillet or wok as you cook.
- Feel free to substitute or add any vegetables that sound yummy to you! Carrots, cabbage, and eggplant would all be super tasty.
- For extra protein feel free to add tofu, tempeh, prawns, or chicken.
- Category: dinner
- Method: stir fry
- Cuisine: asian
Keywords: soba, buckwheat, noodles, stir fry, dinner, vegan, fall, winter, family dinner, asian