easy to make, crispy skin, juicy meat, lots of flavor, these chicken drumsticks will check off all all your boxes for a tasty weeknight dinner
- about 2 lbs chicken drumsticks (6–8 pieces)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tbs dijon mustard
- 1 tsp aleppo pepper or 1/2 tsp crushed dried chili flakes (aleppo pepper tends to be less spicy)
- 1 tsp harissa paste (a north african and middle eastern aromatic chili paste, can be substituted with regular hot sauce and maybe a dash of ground cumin)
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs salt
- a few healthy grinds of black pepper
- fresh parsley
- green onions
- mix drumsticks and all marinade ingredients together well and refrigerate for 6-8 hours. (if you’re in a rush and don’t have that much time you can add a little more of everything except the buttermilk to speed up your flavor infusing process).
- when you’re ready to cook preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- remove drumsticks from marinade and pat dry with paper towels. place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, season with black pepper, and cover with aluminum foil.
- bake for 30 minutes or until the juices from your chicken run clear.
- once chicken is fully cooked broil on medium or high for just a few minutes to brown and crispen skin. you’ve come this far! keep a close eye on things so it doesn’t burn.
- remove from oven and sprinkle with a little coarse ground sea salt, fresh parsley and green onion if desired.
- serve with a big salad, cous cous, or really anything that makes you happy!
- Category: chicken