These garlicky grilled shrimp skewers are a super simple and flavorful recipe that is a delicious grilling staple! Made with large juicy shrimp, and a quick garlic and herb infused marinade, they are perfect for a weekend BBQ or an easy family dinner. Option for cooking in the oven included below. Whole30 compatible, paleo, gluten free, dairy free, and low carb / keto.
- 1 pound peeled and de-veined shrimp
- 3 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus extra for garnishing
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Lemon wedges
- If using wooden skewers soak for at least 30 minutes before using to prevent them from getting burnt while grilling.
Wash and thoroughly dry shrimp using paper towels and set aside.
Marinate for 15 minutes to an hour, but not much longer as the salt and lemon juice can start to break down the protein in the shrimp.
Thread shrimp onto skewers.
Preheat the grill or grill pan to medium high heat. Cook skewers for about 2 minutes on each side – turning once. The cook time will vary depending on the exact size of your shrimp and temperature of your grill or grill pan. They’re done when they start to curl and the center is opaque.
Serve immediately with fresh parsley and lemon wedges.
To cook in the oven
- After step 5, preheat oven to broil on high.
- Arrange skewers on a lined non-glass baking dish or sheet pan evenly spaced out. You don’t want them to be overlapping at all or they won’t cook evenly.
- When the oven is fully pre-heated transfer the sheet pan to the oven.
- Broil for about 2 minutes, flip the skewers, and broil for another 2-3 minutes. Until shrimp are cooked through.
- Category: dinner
- Method: grilling
- Cuisine: healthy
Keywords: shrimp, healthy, whole30, paleo, low carb, keto, grilling, summer, skewers, kebabs