This fast and easy romesco sauce is made with simple ingredients that combine to make an extremely flavorful sauce that is just as versatile as it is delicious! Healthy and quick, this romesco sauce can be served with everything from roasted veggies to grilled meats. Make ahead friendly so it’s great for meal prep! Gluten free, paleo, whole30, and vegan!
Original recipe inspiration from Bon Appetit Mag.
- 1 cup roasted red peppers
- 1 cup roasted almonds – smoked almonds add an especially delicious flavor!
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt – less if the almonds you’re using are salted
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- water to thin if desired
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until mostly smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Leave the sauce thick, or thin with a little water if desired.
- Taste and add more salt if needed.
- This romesco sauce will keep in the refrigerator for at least 1 week, if not longer
- Like pesto, you can freeze this romesco sauce in an ice cube tray and use within 3 months
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Category: sauce, condiment