Let’s make espresso martinis at home! This easy espresso martini recipe is a bold and sweet cocktail with a foamy top that is a total crowd pleaser! The perfect after dinner drink made with a few simple ingredients and topped with coffee beans. Simple, easy, and delicious!
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces Kahlua or another coffee liqueur
- 1 1/2 ounces hot espresso, strong coffee, or prepared instant coffee
- Coffee beans to garnish, optional
- Gather your ingredients. Prepare your espresso or coffee, measure out the vodka and kahlua, and add plenty of ice to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ingredients to cocktail shaker. Pour vodka, kahlua, and hot espresso or coffee over the ice in your cocktail shaker, making sure to add the hot espresso last so the ice doesn’t immediately melt.
- Shake it up! Seal the cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for 15-30 seconds. Properly aerating the cocktail is what helps build the foam on your finished drink so use some muscle power!
- Strain and serve. Strain into a glass (chilled if you’d like), garnish with coffee beans, and enjoy!
- If making 2 cocktails at a time divide about half of the cocktail into each glass and then finish them both with what remains, as most of the foam will pour out last.
There are many variations on the espresso martini but we love the simplicity and balance of flavors in this 1:1:1 ratio.
The classic garnish on an espresso martini is three coffee beans. It is said that they represent health, wealth, and happiness.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: cocktail
- Method: shaken
Keywords: cocktail, happy hour, party, vodka, coffee, martini, drink