These easy vegetarian hummus and tomato breakfast tacos are a filling and delicious breakfast made with fried eggs, hummus, a simple tomato salad, and your favorite tortillas. Full of flavor and ready in only 15 minutes!
For the tomato salad
- about 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced small
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
For the tacos
- 2 tortillas
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil for cooking the eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons hummus per taco – store bought or homemade both work. For a bean free option try this recipe for roasted cauliflower hummus
- Prepare tomato salad by gently mixing all ingredients together in a small bowl. Taste and add a little more salt if desired. Set aside.
- Prepare the rest of the tacos.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat until very hot. Warm tortillas for a few seconds on each side, until slightly charred and pliable. Transfer to a plate and cover with a towel to keep warm and soft.
- Reduce heat to medium and add avocado oil. Crack eggs into skillet and fry to your desired level of doneness. Season with salt and pepper. Note: If your skillet is small, you may want to cook them one at a time. If this is the case divide the avocado oil in half, and only add more for the second egg if needed.
- To serve spread each tortilla with 2 tablespoons of hummus, top with a fried egg, and a big scoop of the tomato salad.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Because the recipe for these vegetarian hummus tacos is so simple, try and look for the BEST tasting ingredients you can find! Tomatoes are in peak season right now so they make a great choice during the summer, but in the fall or another season consider swapping in a different vegetable that’s in season for the best possible flavor.
- I love my eggs fried, but you could prepare them any way that you like! Scrambled or even hard boiled would both be great.
- You could also try substituting another favorite sauce for hummus. Romesco sauce, pesto, or whipped feta are just a few that come to mind.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: chop, fry
- Cuisine: american