You’re going to love this easy guacamole recipe! Made from scratch with fresh and flavorful ingredients including perfectly ripe avocado, cilantro, red onion, jalapeño, and lime juice. It is healthy, easy, and so delicious! Vegan, gluten free, paleo, and Whole30.
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1–2 tablespoons finely diced jalapeno, add more or less to taste
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoons lime juice – from about 1 lime, add more or less to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, add more or less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut avocados in half and scoop out the flesh into a large bowl.
- Add diced jalapeño, finely diced red onion, chopped cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper to the bowl with the avocado.
- Use a fork to mash guacamole to desired consistency – it can be as smooth or as chunky as you like.
- Taste guacamole and add more salt and/or lime juice as desired and serve!
To make this guacamole with just one avocado, simply half the recipe!
To keep the guacamole from turning brown, “seal” the guacamole with a layer of plastic wrap. Make sure to chase out as many air bubbles as you can from the surface of the guac (where it meets the plastic wrap) to prevent little brown spots from forming!
Alternatively, you can make the surface of the guacamole as flat as possible and cover it with a thin layer of cold water (about 1/2 an inch) and a lid. Before serving just pour the water off and stir it together again!
If you use the tips I share above in the blog post to store your guac, it will likely last for 2-3 days in the refrigerator. But the best texture and flavor will be during the first 24 – 36 hours.
- Category: appetizer
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: mexican
Keywords: avocado, guacamole, mexican, cilantro, jalapeno, cinco de mayo