Made with only 5 ingredients, this easy chorizo and asparagus scramble is a breakfast hero. Plus it’s healthy, quick and SUPER easy to make!
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- 2 tbsp finely diced red onion
- 1/3 cup cooked chorizo sausage, crumbled
- 5 spears of asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
- feta cheese, for serving (optional)
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1 tsp ghee and onion to pan, cook for several minutes, until onion is soft.
- Add already cooked chorizo to the pan and heat until crisp.
- Add asparagus and kale with a pinch of salt and cook for several minutes until bright green and tender (but not too long or the vegetables will get mushy!)
- Create a circle in the center of the pan and crack in eggs. Season with salt and pepper and add cilantro. Stir to scramble eggs, without incorporating too much off the goodies on the edges.
- Once eggs are about half way cooked, gently fold the asparagus, chorizo and kale from the outer edge into the eggs.
- Stir gently and cook another minute or two until just barely set. Sprinkle with feta cheese (if using) and dig in!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 8 min