These crispy baked buffalo chicken wings are so easy to make and super delicious! Perfect for a party, game day, or dinner any day of the week. Baked in the oven (made without frying!) until crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, and tossed in a zippy, hot buffalo sauce. So good dipped in creamy ranch dressing! Whole30 compatible, paleo friendly, gluten free, and keto / low carb.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pat the wings dry. Using paper towels pat chicken wings as dry as you possibly can. This helps ensure that they will get nice and crispy in the oven.
- Bake until crispy. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add wings to a bowl with avocado oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss to thoroughly coat. Arrange in a single layer on the baking sheet to promote even cooking. Transfer to the oven and bake for 40-50 minutes, flipping halfway through, until cooked through and crispy.
- Warm the buffalo sauce. Shortly before wings are done gently warm buffalo sauce in a small saucepan or in the microwave. Set aside.
- Turn up the heat. For extra crispy skin turn the heat up to broil and broil the chicken wings for 2-3 minutes before removing from the oven.
- Toss with buffalo sauce. Remove from the oven and transfer to a large bowl. Pour buffalo sauce over the wings and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately with celery sticks and a yummy dip like this Whole30 Compatible Ranch.
If you have leftover wings they will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
To re-heat in the oven or toaster oven: Preheat to 400° F and place wings on a lined baking sheet. Warm until crispy and heated through – about 5-8 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: chicken
- Method: oven baked
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: chicken, chicken wings, buffalo, party, potluck, super bowl, appetizer