Creamy vanilla bean and cherry raspberry smash chia seed pudding is super easy to make, good for you and perfect for an on the go breakfast, snack or mindful indulgence!
FOR CHIA PUDDING
- 6 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (if using sweetened, reduce the amount of maple syrup used)
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (more if not using vanilla bean)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (or less – to taste)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, defrosted (or fresh)
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups red cherries, pitted and cut in half
For chia pudding
- If using, scrape contents of vanilla bean into a large bowl.
- Add about 1/4 cup almond milk and mix together using a fork or the back of a spoon, until the vanilla beans are fully incorporated.
- Whisk in the rest of the almond milk, vanilla extract, maple syrup and sea salt.
- Taste for sweetness and adjust if necessary.
- Whisk in chia seeds and move bowl to the refrigerator, for at least 4 hours, ideally overnight.
for layers and assembly
- Pit cherries and slice in half, leaving a few whole to top the pudding if desired.
- Set aside a few raspberries to top puddings as well.
- Smash raspberries with lemon juice using a fork until nice and jammy.
- Layer pudding, cherries, and raspberries in a small 8 oz jar or container.
- Top with extra berries and cherries and serve or store in the refrigerator until ready to eat!