a delightfully different recipe for cranberry relish with horseradish and sour cream. zippy, bright and lovely it will dazzle your guests and delight your palate.
- 2 1/2 cups raw cranberries
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tbs prepared horseradish (can be more or less depending on your preference)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbs sugar
- a big pinch of sea salt
- put cranberries and chopped onion in the food processor and process until well combined but not totally smooth.
- move to a bowl. add remaining ingredients and mix together.
- taste to see if you would like more horseradish.
- pour into a few small containers and freeze (I filled 3 half pint containers).
- the morning of thanksgiving move to the refrigerator to thaw slightly.
when you’re ready to serve turn it out onto a small plate. it will still be slightly frozen and a lovely shade of pink!
- if you don’t use all of it at thanksgiving dinner pull another container out of the freezer the next morning to serve with your leftover turkey sandwiches! nom nom nom
- Category: condiment
- Cuisine: thanksgiving