This 30 minute romesco pasta is the MOST flavorful easy to make pasta! Made with a bright and zippy romesco sauce and your favorite gluten free pasta for a gluten free and vegan noodle dish that everyone will love!
For Romesco Sauce:
- 1 cup roasted red peppers
- 1 cup roasted almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt – less if the almonds you’re using are salted
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 12 ounces gluten free pasta
- water to boil
- about 3/4 cup romesco sauce
- parmesan cheese or vegan parmesan (optional)
- fresh parsley
- Start a large pot of salted water to boil for the pasta.
- Make romesco sauce. Combine all sauce ingredients in a food processor or blender & process until mostly smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Taste & add more salt if desired.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve about 1/2 cup pasta water before draining to thin the sauce if needed.
- Drain pasta and toss with 3/4 cups worth of romesco sauce, thinning with a little pasta water as needed until sauce coats pasta evenly.
- Season to taste with s&p, and serve topped with parm + fresh herbs!
- Romesco sauce can be made in either your food processor or blender. If you use your blender the texture will be more smooth and creamy than if you make it in the food processor.
- The sauce recipe calls for jarred roasted red peppers, but you can also roast your own to use!
- As written, the romesco sauce will be quite thick. If you want to thin it at all when adding to your pasta, reserve a little of the pasta cooking water and add a little at a time until your desired consistency is reached.
- Romesco sauce will keep for at least a week in a covered container in your refrigerator, and 1 batch of the sauce should be good for 2 boxes of gluten free pasta!
- If you want to save some for later, romesco sauce freezes well. Use an ice cube tray to freeze small servings that you can take out of the freezer to enjoy one at a time!
- This pasta dish can be served warm or chilled as a pasta salad. To use it for a classic style pasta salad think about adding some olives, chunks of your favorite cheese, fresh herbs, and chopped red onion!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minuets
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: pasta
Keywords: pasta, romesco, gluten free, 30 minute meal, roasted red peppers, vegan, plant based