a super simple and delicious recipe for apples roasted with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and brown sugar.
- 4 crisp medium apples (I used fuji), peeled and sliced into 1/4 – 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 1/2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- a pinch of ground ginger
- a pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbs butter (or coconut oil) diced small
- preheat oven to 400
- toss peeled apple slices with brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and sea salt
- spread in a thin layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and scatter small cubes of butter over the top
- once preheated, place in the over and bake for 12 minutes.
- take out, toss, and spread thin again.
- bake for another 8 minutes and toss and spread thin again.
- return to the oven for another 5-7 minutes depending on your oven. when they’re done they will be quite soft, although still hold their shape, and the sauce will be thick and caramelized.
- let cool slightly and enjoy as desired!
- they will keep well in the refrigerator for at least 5 days. re-heat slightly before serving.