roasted beets + carrots with easy garlic dill cashew sauce and pistachios! All you need is carrots, beets, some easy garlic dill cashew sauce and toasted pistachios for an elegant and simple paleo side dish or meal!
- 1–2 bunches small carrots (12 small carrots)
- 1 bunch small beets (6 small beets)
- 1 tsp + 2 tsp avocado oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp + 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- a few grinds of black pepper
- easy garlic dill cashew sauce
- toasted pistachios, for garnish
- fresh dill, for garnish
- Trim ends and scrub clean carrots and beets.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Quarter beets, toss with 1 tsp avocado oil and 1/4 tsp salt, a few grinds of black pepper. Spread evenly on one side of a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Cut carrots in half lengthwise. Toss with 2 tsp avocado oil and 1/2 tsp salt, a few grinds of black pepper, and spread evenly on the other side of the baking sheet. Make sure your pan isn’t too crowded, those veggies need some space in between them so they will roasted instead of steaming.
- Roast for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, toss and roast for another 12 minutes, or until tender on the inside and edges are crisp.
- Plate some of each vegetable, drizzle with garlic dill cashew sauce and garnish with toasted pistachios and fresh dill if desired!
- Category: vegetable dish
- Cuisine: paleo, vegetarian, vegan, gluten free