Grain free raspberry donuts with a vanilla coconut glaze! Crumbly in all the right ways, slightly springy in texture, studded with fresh raspberries, dipped in a luscious vanilla coconut glaze and sprinkled with tart dried raspberries.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp melted ghee or coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup fresh organic raspberries
for vanilla coconut glaze
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl whisk together all of the dry ingredients – almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, sea salt and baking soda.
- In another large bowl whisk together the wet ingredients – eggs, maple syrup, almond milk, melted ghee and vanilla extract.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry until thoroughly combined. Let sit for about 10 minutes to fully hydrate the flours.
- In a small bowl, gently smash raspberries with a fork. Fold into donut batter.
- Generously grease donut pan with ghee or coconut oil using your fingers or a paper towel.
- Spoon batter into donut pan, filling just barely to the top. Tamp batter down and smooth with your finger or a spoon.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, until golden brown on the bottom and center is dry.
- This recipe makes about 9 donuts, which for my 6 count donut pan meant 2 rounds of baking.
- When slightly cooled, remove from pan and allow to fully cool before dipping in glaze.
- Melt cocoa butter first, then measure.
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients, including pre-melted and measured cacao butter.
- Heat gently and whisk until all ingredients are melted and well combined. Move to refrigerator to cool. Glaze is ready when it’s the consistency of melted chocolate. If it breaks or sets too firmly, you can melt and whisk together again, before chilling once more.
- Dip donuts in glaze and place on a baking sheet. Move to the refrigerator or freezer (will set faster in the freezer) to set.
- Once set, dip one more time, and sprinkle with crushed freeze dried raspberries.
- Move back to the refrigerator or freezer to set once more, and serve!
- Store in the refrigerator, allowing about 5-10 minutes to come to room temperature before serving.
- During my testing period, the temperatures in Seattle were very HOT. So the chilling between glazes was absolutely necessary to get it to set properly. If you’re in a cooler climate, or making this in fall/winter, it may set without refrigeration.
- These donuts will keep refrigerated for at least 4 days, if not more.