These dark chocolate blueberry ice cream cups are gluten free and vegan. Made with your favorite non dairy ice cream, the BEST only-slightly-sweet chocolate from Rawmio, almond butter, blueberries, and salty toasted almonds for a mouth-watering combo that will knock you off your feet!
I’m probably more excited about this recipe than I should be.
Maybe because it’s late September and this recipe is all ice cream and chocolate when everyone else is all pumpkin spice lattes + their favorite pair of boots?
But then again, those are also exactly the reasons I love it so – dark chocolate, salty almonds, sweet blueberries and creamy ice cream all combined in a beautiful delicious mess that is not at all hard to make and so freakin’ good so it makes me wanna jump up and down.
And who says you can’t enjoy a PSL in your favorite cozy boots AND have some dark chocolate and ice cream for dessert? 😜
Now I know they look all pretty and fancy but I’m really not kidding when I say these little dark chocolate blueberry ice cream cups could not be easier to make.
I promise you that fancy + easy can appropriately exist in the same sentence, and myself and these ice cream cups are here to prove it.
Don’t believe me? Let me give you the run down.
how to make these dark chocolate blueberry ice cream cups
All it takes is:
- a semi-softened pint of your favorite ice cream
- some really good dark chocolate – my choice here is Rawmio’s “quite dark” bar (it’s the purple one) that is 85% dark and SO freaking good!
- almond butter
- blueberries – fresh or frozen!
- salted + roasted almonds
- flaky sea salt
That’s it for ingredients!
See guys? Easy so far. I keep my promises 😉
And the assembly doesn’t get much harder… here’s how it goes:
- line a 6 cup muffin tin with parchment liners
- next melt some of the dark chocolate with almond butter and divide it between the muffin tin spots
- sprinkle some chopped salty almonds on top of the melty chocolate along with the blueberries and a little flaky sea salt
- then add a big old scoop of vanilla ice cream
Back in the freezer, to set, and then just before serving you’ll melt a little more chocolate to drizzle over the top and sprinkle with some more chopped almonds and a little flaky sea salt (<– ALWAYS FLAKY SEA SALT.. amirite?)
See I told you it was easy! And I bet that everyone you serve these to is just going to love your perfectly sized + cute as a button dark chocolate blueberry ice cream cups. Not to mentioned that dark chocolate + blueberries = antioxidants, so they’re practically health food 😉
But in all seriousness, the dark chocolate from Rawmio is top of the line when it comes to quality, good-for-you chocolate. Made with a nib-to-bar process and only THREE ingredients! Which also happen to be all organic.
These dark chocolate bars are made with:
- raw cacao nibs
- coconut sugar
- raw cacao butter
I’m a big fan. So much so that they gave me a little discount code to pass on to you guys if you wanna snag some for yourself.
Use the code RANYSSA20 at their site – www.rawguru.com for 20% off of ANY of their amazing chocolate products – some of my other favorites of theirs are the chocolate hazelnut spreads, dark chocolate covered cherries, and superfood raw chocolate bark 💯
So yes I know it is September and yes I know the weather has already started changing to chillier autumn temps, but IMHO there’s always a place for ice cream and dark chocolate – no matter the color of the leaves or the briskness in the air.
You babes agree?! I thought so.. Let’s make sommmmme!! XOPrint
These dark chocolate blueberry almond ice cream cups are gluten free and vegan – made with your favorite non dairy ice cream, the BEST only-slightly-sweet chocolate from Rawmio, almond butter, blueberries, and salty toasted almonds for a mouth-watering combo that will knock you off your feet!
- about 2 oz dark chocolate + 1 oz more for drizzling on top
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds, roughly chopped + more for topping
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pint of your favorite flavor of non dairy ice cream
- about 3/4 cup blueberries – frozen or fresh
- flaky sea salt for garnish
- Line a 6 muffin tin pan with muffin liners.
- Take the pint of vanilla ice cream out of the freezer and set it on the counter to soften slightly.
- Melt 2 oz of dark chocolate with 1/4 cup almond butter and stir until smooth. Mix in 1/4 cup chopped almonds and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt.
- Divide chocolate and almond butter mixture evenly among muffin liners.
- Next top with the blueberries, also dividing evenly.
- Once ice cream has softened enough to easily scoop, top chocolate and blueberries with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream, and as you scoop, slightly press the ice cream down so the chocolate runs up the sides of the liners.
- Move to the freezer to set.
- Allow to freeze for at least an hour, or up to overnight.
- Once frozen, drizzle with the extra 1 oz of melted dark chocolate, and top with more chopped almonds and flaky sea salt.
- Return to the freezer briefly to set the melted dark chocolate.
- The texture of the ice cream cups is best if you leave them to sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
This post was made in collaboration with Rawmio Chocolate. All content and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make Nyssa’s Kitchen possible!