I am having a moment with a salad again. I mean look at it! 😍 pretty stunning, right? go ahead… take all the time you need!
I’ll blame my current obsession with this salad on the peaches. I seriously cannot get enough of them this summer!! like holy moly! I’ll probably cry when they’re gone…even with loads of them saved in the freezer. because summer fruit! it really doesn’t get any better.
a simple, healthy salad made with baby kale, sweet sliced peaches, salty feta cheese and toasted almonds.
- 4–5 big handfuls of baby kale or other tender, flavorful green
- 1 big peach thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced toasted almonds
- 3 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs finely diced red onion
- put about 4 big handfuls of baby kale in a large salad bowl.
- in a jar shake together red wine vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt and finely diced red onion.
- dress salad greens only. you may want to another another handful of greens as they will reduce in size a bit after being tossed with the salad dressing.
- taste and adjust salt and honey if necessary.
- when ready to serve add peaches, almonds and feta, tossing gently again to combine.
- serve immediately, garnished with a bit more feta cheese and toasted almonds.
- Category: salad, lunch