These 30 minute scallops with a radish salad and asparagus are a simple and healthy dinner made with a few seasonal ingredients. A light and low carb meal that is simple and satisfying. Paleo, gluten free, whole30, and dairy free!
For radish salad
- 5–6 radishes, very thinly sliced (about 1 cups worth)
- a few tablespoons chopped fresh herbs – parsley, cilantro, chives, and dill would all be delicious
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- big pinch of sea salt
- a little bit of cracked black pepper
- small bunch of asparagus
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- small squeeze of lemon juice
- about 1/2 pound sea scallops or 8–10 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil, ghee, or coconut oil
- black pepper
- fresh herbs
- Before you begin prepping the rest of the dish, take the scallops out of the refrigerator to come to room temperature. Because they cook relatively quickly, this helps ensure that they cook evenly.
- Now prep the ingredients for the radish salad. Thinly slice the radishes and add to a bowl with the fresh herbs. Have the lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper ready but don’t toss the radishes with the dressing ingredients yet, otherwise the radishes will soften considerably before you’re ready to serve. Set the radish salad ingredients aside.
- Preheat the oven to high broil.
- Clean and trim the asparagus and place on a baking sheet. Toss with avocado oil, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, and a small squeeze of lemon juice. Set aside.
- Thoroughly dry scallops using paper towels, and season generously with 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper.
- Heat skillet over medium high heat with 2 tablespoons avocado oil, ghee, or coconut oil. When the pan is nice and hot, add the scallops, being careful not to crowd them too close together. Cook for about 2-3 minutes per side (depending on their size), until they’re golden brown and they easily release from the pan. Once done, remove from the pan immediately and set aside to avoid over cooking.
- While the scallops are cooking, add baking sheet of asparagus to the preheated oven and broil for 1-2 minutes, until bright green and tender.
Pro tip: Set a timer so you remember to pull them from the oven before they over-cook. I use a kitchen timer for just about everything I cook and it takes so much stress out of cooking!
- Toss radishes and herbs with lemon juice, olive oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide radish salad between two plates, top with scallops and asparagus, and finish with a few more pieces of fresh herbs and a little extra black pepper if desired!
- If you can’t find high quality scallops, you could easily substitute shrimp or another type of fish for this recipe!
- Feel free to substitute any fresh herbs you have or like in the radish salad. If you don’t have fresh herbs you could substitute some finely minced shallot or thinly sliced green onion.
- Any roasted veggie could be substituted for the asparagus.
- If you LOVE scallops, be sure to try this recipe for perfectly seared scallops with bacon and kale pesto!
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: healthy
Keywords: scallops, seafood, healthy, low carb, summer meal, radishes, fresh herbs, easy dinner, 30 minute dinner