This roasted squash and arugula greek salad is made with maple chili roasted winter squash, peppery arugula and is loaded up with fresh herbs, kalamata olives, red onion and feta cheese. So much flavor and veggies make this a winning flavor bomb of a salad!
- 2 carnival or acorn squash, seeded and cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons melted ghee or coconut oil
- 1 clove of garlic, grated or very finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 oz feta
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoon chives or green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, thinly sliced
- 1/4 of a small red onion, thinly sliced
- a few handfuls of arugula
- olive oil
- a big squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Melt ghee or coconut oil with garlic, chili flakes, maple syrup and sea salt.
- Toss squash slices with mixture and spread evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet, giving slices as much space to themselves as possible so they roast and crisp up instead of steaming.
- Roast for 20 minutes, flip and roast another 5 minutes until caramelized and tender.
- In a small bowl mix together crumbled feta, parsley, and chives.
- Plate a few handfuls of fresh arugula and top with roasted squash slices.
- If you have some crispy garlic + chili bits on your roasting tray gather them up and break apart with your fingers and crumble over the top of the squash slices. SO MUCH FLAVOR!
- Top with herbed feta, sliced olives, red onion and drizzle with a little olive oil and a big squeeze of lemon juice.
- Finish with a few grinds of black pepper and serve!
Make it a meal by topping with pan seared chicken breast, greek marinated prawns or grilled skirt steak!