This raspberry mango healthy gut smoothie is the perfect snack or breakfast for whenever your body needs a little extra love! Made with raspberries, mango, probiotic rich coconut yogurt, almond milk, and chia and flax seeds for extra fiber and omega 3 fatty acids 💯
What’s UP babes?! How’s your week going? You ready for this yummy healthy gut smoothie that I’ve got for you today?
Like probably all of us, this summer has been crazy busy. And whenever I’m on the go more than I’m not, the first place I always notice some imbalance in my immune system and overall health is in my gut and my digestion. Now that summers come to an end I’m really focusing in on that and doing everything I can to get back to feeling 💯.
Whenever my gut does start to feel a little funky something that helps get me back on track is switching my breakfast to a healthy-fat / probiotic / fiber rich morning smoothie.
If I’m winging it, my smoothie formula goes something like this:
- Grab whatever frozen fruit I have on hand, always favoring berries if I’ve got ’em
- Throw in some fresh veggies from the crisper drawer – fresh carrots in smoothies are my JAM! If you’ve never tried including them, you have to. Greens always win, too.
- A low sugar liquid such as water, coconut water, coconut milk, almond milk or whole leaf aloe vera juice (only the unsweetened variety!) for some extra gut soothing goodness
- A chunk of lemon with the peel cut away and/or some ginger for anti-inflammatory YUM
- A big scoop of collagen powder to not only support the gut, but also give a little extra boost to connective tissues, hair, nails and skin 👊🏼
But this specific recipe for this specific raspberry mango healthy gut smoothie has been on repeat as of late, and it’s really been hitting the spot, so of course I wanted to share it with youuuu ⚡️
what’s in this raspberry mango healthy gut smoothie?
The recipe includes:
- frozen raspberries
- frozen mango
- full fat coconut yogurt or greek yogurt
- chia seeds
- flax seeds
- almond milk
- an optional scoop of collagen powder
- water to thin as needed
Trader Joe’s has some delicious organic diced frozen mango, and their frozen berries are always stocked in my freezer – those are my go-to’s in that category. Can I get a heck yes for affordable organic grocery store goods!?
For the coconut yogurt I almost always reach for the Coyo brand – it’s thick and creamy, has great texture, and is also free of many emulsifiers (aka has super clean and minimal ingredients).
But you can also make your own pretty easily if you’re the DIY type. Minimalist Baker has an easy to follow recipe for homemade coconut yogurt that I’ve made many times before with great success. Making it yourself is a little more time consuming BUT it also makes it quite a bit more affordable.
If you can have dairy, greek yogurt also works great.
The chia seeds and flax seeds add a boost of good-for-you fiber and omega 3 fatty acids.
And that’s IT!
Measure, cover, blend, ENJOY! The magic of yummy healthy smoothie land.
Easy as can be, babes. A raspberry mango smoothie that’s creamy, not-too-sweet, and full of all the good good things that will have your gut feeling happy in no time.
Because we all know that a happy healthy gut is where it’s at 💪🏼Print
This raspberry mango healthy gut smoothie is the perfect snack or breakfast for whenever your body needs a little extra love! Made with raspberries, mango, probiotic rich coconut yogurt, almond milk, and chia and flax seeds for extra fiber and omega 3 fatty acids.
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1/4 cup coconut yogurt or greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- a few tablespoons of water + more as needed to thin
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon flax seeds
- 1 scoop collagen powder (optional)
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- If mixture is too thick to blend, or you want a more “drinkable” smoothie, add a little extra water a bit at a time until desired consistency is reached.