I have been sitting on this recipe for so so long! Just waiting for the right moment to share it with you. And now that it’s officially December, I think it’s exactly the right time to show you how to make THE MOST EPIC peppermint mocha bulletproof coffee.
Coffee + peppermint + chocolate = one of those drinks that every cold day in December deserves.
On the weekends, topped off with a little whipped cream situation, and on the weekdays just whipped up quick as can be and poured it into a thermos on your way out the door for the perfect start to your day. Waaay healthier than the coffee shop’s peppermint mocha – have you ever read that long long list of ingredients on their mocha syrup? I will take a scoop of natural cacao powder over that any day of the week.
Plus everyone will think you’re toting around a regular cup of coffee or tea, when in reality you’ve got the most delicious (and HEALTHY!) peppermint mocha keeping you company. Totally a secret worth smiling about. And if they’re lucky you might even let them in on your sweet little mocha thrill.
When you drink a bulletproof coffee almost every day anyways, why wouldn’t you wanna give it a seasonal update? It’s kind of like pulling that favorite holiday sweater out from the back of your closet, or painting your nails gold and sparkly because, HOLIDAYS!
This drink my friends, in all it’s mocha peppermint goodness perfection, is the gold and sparkly nail polish of bulletproof coffee.
(And yes you can enjoy it even if you never have or never will paint your nails gold and sparkly. But if you’re sparkly gold nail polish curious, I urge you to try it 😉 It’s so fun and festive!)
It starts like every classic bulletproof coffee
Coffee + fat + high speed blender. Yep. That’s the basic formula for any bulletproof coffee, the (not so) secret recipe for that ultra creamy and indulgent cup of love that will keep you energized throughout your morning.
But in this case, we’re gonna take it one step further and get SO MUCH flavor, comfort, and nutrition out of one dreamy cup with these simple ingredients:
- hot coffee
- coconut oil – the queen of all healthy fats
- ghee or butter – you can totally leave this bit out for a dairy free version
- natural cacao powder – packed with antioxidants, mood boosting properties, annnd energizing qualities (this is especially great for those decaf drinkers like myself!)
- A little maple syrup – you get to decide exactly how much sweet to add
- vanilla extract – basically makes everything you add it to YUM
- peppermint extract – or a single drop of peppermint essential oil if you have one that is food grade! Hiii second use for your essential oil obsession
- just a pinch of sea salt to bring all the flavors together – trust me on this one
Perfectly perfect as is, or like I said before, if you wanna go extra with this morning cup of jo add a dollop of whipped cream (coconut or regular!), a few extra shavings of chocolate, or even some cacao nibs to get all the happiness you can out of this delightful drink.
So here’s to a merry December, loves! And here’s to peppermint mocha bulletproof coffees – keeping you energized and festive in style all throughout the winter. XX
equipment used for this recipe
Peppermint mocha bulletproof coffee! The best seasonal upgrade to a classic bulletproof coffee. Easy to make and so SO delicious!
- about 8 oz hot coffee
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- t teaspoon ghee
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract or 1 drop of food grade peppermint essential oil
- pinch of sea salt
- whipped cream, coconut or dairy
- cacao nibs or chocolate shavings
- Blend all ingredients except for garnishes together in a blender on high for at least 30 seconds, until frothy and creamy.
- Either pour into your mug or thermos and enjoy as is or top with whipped cream and extra chocolate goodies for a fancy treat!
Did you make this recipe? I would love to know how it turned out for you! when you rate my recipes and leave feedback it helps me continue to improve. you can leave me a comment below, or snap a picture and post it to instagram with the tag @nyssaskitchen or hashtag #nyssaskitchen! xo