Mini salted mocha chocolate chunk chickpea flour cookies are the most perfect gluten free cookie that you’ll ever sink your teeth into! Baked to perfection and flecked with bits of chocolate, a hint of coffee, drizzled with MORE chocolate and sprinkled with bits of flaky sea salt like every great cookie should be.
- 1/2 cup ghee, melted and cooled (you may substitute coconut oil for a dairy free option)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chickpea flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 4 oz dark chocolate, divided evenly
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- flaky sea salt
- preheat oven to 350
- Whisk together chickpea flour, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- Melt the ghee with the instant coffee (that way you can be sure the coffee granules melt). Whisk melted and cooled ghee + coffee, coconut sugar, vanilla extract and the egg together until no sugar crystals // instant coffee bits remain.
- Mix wet ingredients with dry, should be a fairly thick batter, and will not seem like very much but trust me it goes far!!
- Chop half of the chocolate into chunks and stir into batter.
- Roll into 3/4 inch balls, and lace on a parchment paper lined sheet, leaving about an inch of space in-between each one. You will probably need to bake them off in two batches.
- Bake for about 8 minutes, until they begin to brown on the edges.
- Allow cookies to cool.
- While cookies are cooling, chop and melt remaining chocolate + 2 tsp coconut oil. If chocolate seems too thin, let it sit on the counter to cool for a little while.
- Once cookies are cool, drizzle with melted chocolate, sprinkle with flaky sea salt, and allow chocolate drizzle to harden before serving.
To speed up the process of the cooling the drizzled chocolate, you may move the baking sheet to the freezer for several minutes!